Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead together with growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar processes more than one million tons of zinc per year, with more than half of its global production sold to Europe. Nyrstar has been producing high quality zinc, lead and other base and precious metals for more than 150 years in their nine operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people with an annual turnover of more than 4,5 billion USD.
The company’s global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, Nyrstar’s operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide. Combining Nyrstar’s global footprint of production with Trafigura’s trading activities presents significant opportunities in the zinc market. The two companies bring together the best market practices and high standards of responsibility in their respective fields, as well as reliability and responsiveness to consumers.
Today Nyrstar is growing in their Middle Tennessee Mines, whos complex consists of a processing plant and two underground zinc mines. The mines in Tennessee has 325 employees. To learn more, visit www.nyrstar.com.
In the role as Maintanance Trainer the mission is to provide maintenance training to the maintenance department and assess employees to determine their competency at Middle Tennessee Mines.
The Maintenance Trainer will also:
- Train maintenance team members on all aspects of maintenance inspection, preventive, repair, and replacement.
- Scope and evaluate personnel.
- Identify areas of improvement within the department.
- Set up and conduct training on task specifics based on best practice and OEM standards.
- Conduct training in classroom environment and on the job.
- Responsible for learning and updating maintenance on OEM procedures from various vendors.
- Assess and sign-off employees according to the training plan.
- Assist the training coordinator in developing and implementing new training policies and procedures.
- Assist performance management of trainees by notifying relevant supervisors when coaching of substandard performance occurs.
- Ensuring performance of trainees is reported to supervision in a timely manner to ensure correct probation decisions are made.
- Continuously improving the skills/knowledge of maintenance personnel.
Education, experience, and skills
- 10+ years maintenance experience.
- Skilled trades certification preferred.
- Supervisory or instructor experience.
- Electrical experience preferred but not required.
- Required knowledge in the following areas: engine diagnostics, reading prints and schematics, training personnel, Medium and Heavy equipment, and Microsoft Office.
Additionally the Maintenance Trainer need to have well-developed expertise in the following, but not limited to: alignments, precision measuring, torque, PM inspection, disassembly, reassembly, commissioning, schematics, drawings, hydraulics, compressors, DEF systems, pressure settings, troubleshooting, control voltage(12/24 DC), engine diagnostic software, gearbox settings, testing various systems, best practice procedures, diesel engine repair, and welding/cutting basics.
The position is an exciting, challenging work and Nyrstar are looking for the best in the business. Nyrstar with the owners Trafigura offers great opportunities for progression and development in the international arena. For the right person, there is the chance to make a real difference as part of a leading global organisation. If you have any additional questions you are welcome to contact, Executive Search Consultant Tomas Blomster at Cesab Rekrytering, +46 766 365 760, email@example.com