Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead together with growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar processes more than one million tons of zinc per year, with more than half of its global production sold to Europe. Nyrstar has been producing high quality zinc, lead and other base and precious metals for more than 150 years in their nine operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people with an annual turnover of more than 4,5 billion USD.
The company’s global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, Nyrstar’s operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide. Combining Nyrstar’s global footprint of production with Trafigura’s trading activities presents significant opportunities in the zinc market. The two companies bring together the best market practices and high standards of responsibility in their respective fields, as well as reliability and responsiveness to consumers.
Today Nyrstar is growing in their East Tennessee Mines, whos complex consists of a processing plant and three underground zinc mines. The mines in Tennessee has 440 employees. To learn more, visit www.nyrstar.com.
The Maintenance Engineer will provide preventative and emergency maintenance guidance to the mill and mines and establish new strategies for improving performance. Additionally, the Maintanance Engineer will be promoting continuous improvement by driving ongoing change in levels of safety, productivity, cost and quality.
The Maintenance Engineer will also:
- Establish and monitor strategies for improving maintenance performance, including training in maintenance and development of computer-based maintenance management systems.
- Ensure mine and concentrator infrastructure is maintained to a standard to enable annual plan targets to be met and the long-term integrity of assets are established through life of mine planning.
- Coordinate mill- and mine maintenance budgets to achieve the annual plan.
- Manage expenditure to within budget levels.
- Ensure all projects are effectively budgeted and monitored to within cost constraints.
- Understand cost drivers in the concentrator plant and seek improvement in unit cost performance.
- Ensure reporting and recording requirements are maintained accurately and timely, while communication channels for relaying information are maintained and improved.
- Develop and maintain reliability focused maintenance documentation for each asset.
- Establish/maintain relationships with operations/maintenance staff to ensure focused effort on eliminating failure and extending machine life.
- Actively participate in the Asset Management team to support and promote agreed decisions of the department.
- Support effective leadership, performance management, career development and succession planning of section personnel.
Education, experience, and skills
- Mechanical or Electrical and Instrumentation trade qualification.
- Minimum 8 years in the mining or other related heavy industry experience.
- Understanding of all aspects of underground / processing operation of metalliferous mining.
- Able to use and interpret relevant computer systems and outputs, including SAP and Microsoft Office products.
- Able to establish, utilize, and interpret spreadsheets and data.
- Sound experience in negotiating complex solutions from conflicting priorities.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organization skills.
- Proven ability to lead and supervise a team.
- Sound methods and approaches to persuade, convince or influence others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to coach, direct, mentor, and provide feedback to employees in order to achieve set targets.
- High level of initiative, resourcefulness and personal organization.
Other important objectives in the role as Maintenance Engineer is to monitor hoisting and shaft safety and availability. Moreover, to maintain infrastructure of shaft together with cost control of shaft projects.
The position is an exciting, challenging work and Nyrstar are looking for the best in the business. Nyrstar with the owners Trafigura offers great opportunities for progression and development in the international arena. For the right person, there is the chance to make a real difference as part of a leading global organisation. If you have any additional questions you are welcome to contact, Executive Search Consultant Tomas Blomster at Cesab Rekrytering, +46 766 365 760, firstname.lastname@example.org