Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead together with growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar processes more than one million tons of zinc per year, with more than half of its global production sold to Europe. Nyrstar has been producing high quality zinc, lead and other base and precious metals for more than 150 years in their nine operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people with an annual turnover of more than 4,5 billion USD.
The company’s global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, Nyrstar’s operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide. Combining Nyrstar’s global footprint of production with Trafigura’s trading activities presents significant opportunities in the zinc market. The two companies bring together the best market practices and high standards of responsibility in their respective fields, as well as reliability and responsiveness to consumers.
Today Nyrstar is growing in their East Tennessee Mines, whos complex consists of a processing plant and three underground zinc mines. The mines in Tennessee has 440 employees. To learn more, visit www.nyrstar.com.
The key result areas in the role as Electrical Engineer is to provide services to the site in project investigation, design, and implementation to ensure the ongoing engineering development and improvement of plant infrastructure. The Electrical Engineer will contribute to organizational and process improvement by working with operational and maintenance teams to identify areas of potential improvement, facilitating innovative problem solving, and providing technical expertise in the development of practical solutions.
The Electrical Engineer will also:
- Contribute to the provision of a safe and healthy workplace by ensuring all technical/operational plans; procedures and process changes incorporate the requirements of all Nyrstar safety and environmental policies and practices.
- Support site safety initiatives.
- Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with relevant SH&E procedures at all times.
- Assist in the identification of hazards that may present a Safety, Environmental, or Production problem and the formulation of actions to control such situations.
- Contribute to business improvements through contributing to long-term planning, productivity initiatives and engineering solutions
- Working with site personnel to provide design and solutions that meet Site and Corporate policies, priorities and professional standards.
- Ensure the successful realization of engineering and technical solutions to meet plant requirements, through the application ofrecognized design and engineering standards, practice and principles.
- Development of designs and solutions in accordance with Site capital policies, cost estimates and Capex preparations.
- Management of projects to ensure the desired outcomes are achieved.
- Work with customers to identify and meet their requirements.
- Ensure projects are managed within the agreed budget, delivered on time and to specification and to seek opportunities for cost reduction initiatives
- Establish effective communication networks to provide a clear focus and direction to meet site objectives.
- Manage contractors to ensure activities meet site and group policies, priorities, and professional standards.
- Ensure all designs and technical solutions comply with all relevant statutory or legislative requirements.
- To ensure that project priorities are consistent with and actively contribute to the achievement of Production and Support Department goals and objectives.
- Actively contribute to and support interdependency and continuous improvement within the Asset Management Department and across the site.
Education, experience, and skills
- S. in Electrical/MechanicalEngineering preferred; will consider a bachelor’s degree from other technical, related sciences
- Preferably 1-2 years of practical experience, preferably in underground mining and/or mineral processing
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite
- Background in Continuous Improvement a strong plus (such as certification in Lean Processing, Six Sigma belt)
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated fundamental business expertise and ability to deliver against business cases’ budgets and time constraints
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
The Electrical Engineer need to have knowledge of learning and development of best practices along with an ability to influence people for change and drive to achieve results. Additionally, the candidate should be great in establishing and building collaboration relationships with leadership teams. The candidate is also self-motivated, energetic and proactive together with an ability to work effectively under pressure and is striving for researching and developing new ideas. Excellent organisational and time management skills along with written and oral communication skills is a necessity.
The position is an exciting, challenging work and Nyrstar are looking for the best in the business. Nyrstar with the owners Trafigura offers great opportunities for progression and development in the international arena. For the right person, there is the chance to make a real difference as part of a leading global organisation. If you have any additional questions you are welcome to contact, Executive Search Consultant Tomas Blomster at Cesab Rekrytering, +46 766 365 760, email@example.com