Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead together with growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar processes more than one million tons of zinc per year, with more than half of its global production sold to Europe. Nyrstar has been producing high quality zinc, lead and other base and precious metals for more than 150 years in their nine operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people with an annual turnover of more than 4,5 billion USD.
The company’s global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, Nyrstar’s operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide. Combining Nyrstar’s global footprint of production with Trafigura’s trading activities presents significant opportunities in the zinc market. The two companies bring together the best market practices and high standards of responsibility in their respective fields, as well as reliability and responsiveness to consumers.
Today Nyrstar is growing in their East Tennessee Mines, whos complex consists of a processing plant and three underground zinc mines. The mines in Tennessee has 440 employees. To learn more, visit www.nyrstar.com.
The Automation Engineer will design and implement the monitor systems integration solutions to ensure quality assurance. Promoting continuous improvement by driving ongoing change in levels of safety, productivity, cost and quality will be required.
The Automation Engineer will also:
- Promote awareness and comply with site standards and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with safety procedures through personal behaviors and conversations, reporting all incidents and ensuring that plans comply with safety policies and procedures.
- Take responsibility for the safety of self and others.
- Demonstrate safety leadership through personal behaviors and conversations.
- Provide clear expectations related to performing tasks safely at all times.
- Establish and monitor strategies for improving plant performance, including training and development of computer-based management systems.
- Perform quality assurance on existing processes and identify areas that need process control optimization.
- Evaluate the efficiency of plant technologies, equipment, and tools.
- Keep process control operations within budget without compromising safety, quality and efficiency.
- Plan preventative maintenance.
- Identify problems and implement solutions.
- Identify opportunities for automation within software processes.
- Check Quality of work and ensure standards are maintained in a highly regulated, process driven environment.
- Document processes and preparing progress reports.
- Drive control innovation in collaboration with senior managers.
- Support effective leadership, performance management, career development and succession planning of section personnel.
Education, experience, and skills
- B.S in Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years in the mining or other related heavy industry experience.
- Understanding of all aspects of underground / processing operation of metalliferous mining.
- Able to use and interpret relevant computer systems and outputs, including SAP and Microsoft Office products.
- Able to establish, utilize, and interpret spreadsheets and data.
- Sound experience in negotiating complex solutions from conflicting priorities.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organization skills.
- Proven ability to lead and supervise a team.
- Sound methods and approaches to persuade, convince or influence others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong cause-effect analytical abilities.
- Able to coach, direct, mentor, and provide feedback to employees in order to achieve set targets.
- High level of initiative, resourcefulness and personal organization.
One overall objective in the role as Automation Engineer is to develop and lead the process to improve plant performance
The position is an exciting, challenging work and Nyrstar are looking for the best in the business. Nyrstar with the owners Trafigura offers great opportunities for progression and development in the international arena. For the right person, there is the chance to make a real difference as part of a leading global organisation. If you have any additional questions you are welcome to contact, Executive Search Consultant Tomas Blomster at Cesab Rekrytering, +46 766 365 760, firstname.lastname@example.org