SKF works to reduce friction, make things run faster, longer, cleaner and more safely. Doing this in the most effective, productive and sustainable way has made the SKF Group a leading global supplier of products, solutions and services within rolling bearings, seals, mechatronics and lubrication systems. Services include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring, asset efficiency optimization, engineering consultancy and training.
Read more at www.skf.com
SKF's Product Management REP organization is now looking for a Development Manager to Luleå. Product Management REP defines, develops and manages the monitoring products and software that enable successful implementation of SKF's Rotating Equipment Performance strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the REP team that is playing such a critical part in enabling and anchoring SKF's success in the market both now and into the future.
Development Manager Luleå
You will be leading a team of about 25 software experts, including 3-4 Managers. You will develop and sustain Products and Solutions to specification, budget and schedule as defined by the Product and Technology organization. You will be managing all needed activities for the development of new products and be responsible for the planning and acquisition of future competencies and resources to meet SKF's requirements in REP. Furthermore, you will also be responsible for ensuring an attractive work environment for the team.
- Planning, control, execution & delivery of product development activities according to the product & technology road maps
- Actively promote an innovative & creative climate in line with the overall REP strategy
- Consider IP protection in all activities
- Working with the REP Product Managers to create the product specification, development budget and development schedule
- Providing support to technical and application engineering where required for products through their lifecycle
- Keeping a strong cost reduction focus and taking initiatives to increase efficiency. Finding and implementing effective ways of working eg Agile/Scrum
- The responsibility for recruitment, training and development for the Development Centre
- Running the operations according to the SKF Code of Conduct, Environment Health & Safety (EHS) and Quality Policies
The succeeded candidate will have
- A degree in computing/engineering or equivalent experience
- Previous successful team leadership experience
- Good communication skills, and fluency in English, both written & spoken
- Good influencing skills
- Previous customer experience
- Strong personal drive & commitment, be energetic & decisive, result oriented, with the ability to work in a multicultural environment
• A job in an international environment
• You will be a part of a diverse workforce where you get to face exciting challenges and varied tasks
• You will enjoy supportive colleagues and a secure organizational structure.
Some additional information for you
Location: Luleå, Sweden. Local contract.
You will report to the Hardware & Software Development Manager, Product Management REP who is located in Luleå.